Management of the Research Programme
The research programme is reporting to the Spending Plans Task Group of the Archbishops' Council and Church Commissioners. This group was set up to help the National Church to reflect on the way that the Church uses its resources and is chaired by the Bishop of London, The Right Reverend and Right Honourable Richard Chartres D.D. It contains a range of members bringing a broad range of experience and expertise from across the Church.
The Spending Plans Task Group have delegated operational oversight of the programme to an Advisory Panel. The members of this Panel are:
- Andreas Whittam Smith (Chair) - Andreas is the First Church Estates Commissioner. He is a financial journalist by background and was the founding editor of The Independent newspaper. He is also former president of the British Board of Film Classification.
- Andrew Britton - Member of the Archbishops' Council and Chair of its Finance Committee. Andrew is an economist by background who has worked at HM Treasury. He is also former Director of the National Institute of Economic and Social Research. He has been a visiting Professor at the University of Bath.
- Andy Brookes - Chief Executive and General Secretary of the Diocese of London. An economist, Andy was Head of Market Reform at Lloyds of London for 5 years prior to joining the diocese of London. He has also worked for the CBI, Aon and the Bank of England.
- The Reverend Professor Peter Johnson - Emeritus Professor of Business Economics at the University of Durham and a non-stipendiary priest at St Nicholas, Durham.
- Dr Phillip Rice - Economist, HMRC.
National Church Institution (NCI) staff attending the Panel:
- Phillip James - Head of the (Resource) Strategy & Development Unit at Church House.
- Dr Bev Botting - Head of Research and Statistics for the NCIs. Bev joined the NCIs in February 2012 from the National Centre for Social Research (NatCen) and she has previously worked for ONS.
- Dr Rachel Jordan - National Mission & Evangelism Adviser.
- Dr Tim Ling - National Continuing Ministerial Development Adviser.
- Kevin Norris - Senior Strategy Officer in the Strategy & Development Unit and Project Manager for the Research Programme.
Day to day oversight of the project rests with staff of the Strategy & Development Unit at Church House. If you have any queries about the programme you should contact the Project Manager, Kevin Norris through our enquiry form.